Sunday, May 29, 2016

5/29/16

Last week, we posted a complete video to our YouTube channel called Understanding Aortic Stenosis. This was a big moment for our team, and we wanted to spread it around as quickly as possible- as of today, the video has accumulated over 700 views. I'd say we accomplished that goal. The video's success marked the first major stride towards developing the Heartwell Project, our effort towards educating everyday people of all backgrounds about heart disease. As I've said in previous posts, this summer is not meant to be a dormant period for it, so we'll continue to make progress. We also have a TV appearance with Deborah Duncan coming up at the end of June, which will work wonders in regards to our publicity. I see a lot of good things in The Heartwell Project, an incredible amount of potential that we're only starting to tap into. In addition to all of this, I have arranged to present the video (and do a Q&A) in an elderly community in Dallas next weekend. I'm so excited to host this whole process on my internship blog- it really tells a story of my thoughts and experiences throughout The Heartwell Project's development. Despite the huge importance I've been putting on the project, I haven't forgotten my "roots" at the HVI. I'll be able to join Dr. Nguyen for more surgeries, and school can't get in the way. Summer 2016 is going to be eventful, try to keep up!

Here's a link to our channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC600D_nPsIPZvv8zBbyjSqw


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you & the team on The Heartwell Project!

    ReplyDelete