Monday, February 15, 2016

2/12/15

             Today was the most radical departure from my normal Friday schedule. Dr. Nguyen was busy in the morning, so I went at three in the afternoon instead. My main goal of the day was to present to him some work that I'd been doing on an animation project, but some patient drama arose just as I got there; this resulted in him rushing over to the Heart and Vascular Clinic across the street, with me in tow, to make sure that a patient's temporary pacemaker got installed. That aside, the project that I'm working on is intended to explain medical conditions in simple terms, so that a layman audience can understand what's going on. There's an entire set of jargon in medicine, and it can be quite challenging for many people to keep track of it all.  I'm using aortic stenosis (the tightening of the aortic valve) as a start, developing a short story around it, and tying in an explanation of the disease. I'll probably post some images of the work, especially once we get it past the storyboarding process, but I thought this would be a good entry- as opposed to the standard blog post about some surgery or disease I just learned about.

No comments:

Post a Comment