Sunday, August 14, 2016

8/4/16

Last Thursday, I finally returned to the idea of doing live presentations of the Understanding Aortic Stenosis video. In the weeks prior to this, I had been in contact with the event coordinators at The Forum at Memorial Woods, working out a good date to present. We eventually decided that it could be done in tandem with a lunch/dessert event- the seniors got to come for food as well as a health presentation, which is a bit more enticing. I was really excited about this event, and it couldn't have gone any better; all of the audio and video aspects of the presentation worked beautifully. The seniors had a great deal of questions, mostly regarding operations they or their family members had in the past. Some I had to politely dismiss, on the grounds that I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose heart diseases. I still had a great time fielding questions, though, and am looking forward to doing more of these presentations this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment