Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Update 7/26/16: I'm back (plus Heartwell info)!

 Wow, it's already been three weeks since I gave my "I'm leaving" announcement. I'm really getting tired of the word hiatus, or any of its synonyms,  so I'm going to go after things a bit more aggressively in the next two weeks before I have to use it again- I was thinking two blog posts a week, which is what I should've been doing since the beginning of the summer, but hey- Junior year was hard (can I still get away with that excuse?). Joking aside, with the exception of the past ~21 days, I'm really happy that I've been able to keep up the momentum of The Heartwell Project. "Understanding Aortic Stenosis" almost has 20,000 views on Youtube, something I definitely didn't expect to ever happen. People have learned from something I've created, and I really can't say enough about how awesome that feels. The TV appearance only stoked the forge there, and made our goal seem even more tangible; I'd like to keep that going. I'm currently laying out some plans to continue the project, which basically hinges on one thing: how much money we'll be able to put into it. So, I'll reach out, see what's available, try to organize some fundraising events, and see where things go. Maybe even set out a timeline for different videos and topics- which I'll consult Dr. Nguyen for- and get an idea of which diseases are most worth attending to. This is more than a high school student's "hey, look at me!" project for colleges, it's an extremely potent educational tool. And I want to see it through. More to come soon, in regards to The Heartwell Project and my experiences in the OR.

No comments:

Post a Comment