Monday, March 21, 2016

Schedule Update and 3/18/16

Schedule Update

And just like that, spring break is over. Going forward, the next two weeks will represent an interesting shift in the frequency of my blog posts; I have the promising opportunity to work on the project animation for 14 days, uninterrupted. That sounds like I'm skipping class, but it couldn't be further from the truth- it is my class. My school hosts a series of two-week classes at the end of March leading into April, which is known as A-term. I decided to do my own, as the opportunity here is too great to miss out on. As the project is already underway, getting it off the ground and forming a concrete base of work is already done with. The storyboard has almost been completed, and we're moving into the contact phase. I'll be reaching out to animation studios for quotes/estimates based on what we want out of the project, mostly playing it by ear- Dr. Nguyen might want certain things out of this development stage, and some new ideas might be brought into the fray. I'll be giving out updates and pieces of information pertaining to the project over the next two weeks. Stay tuned.

3/18/16

Because of the importance of the project, most of my internship visits as of late have been rather short, and today was no exception. I shadowed Dr. Nguyen's post-op patient visits in the ICU, which I haven't really talked about yet- I think I've mentioned them in passing, but I've never really detailed what goes on there. It's not really comparable to any other part of my time at the hospital, as seeing post-op patients is definitely more emotional than watching a surgery or discussing their heart conditions in valve conference. Sometimes the patient is close to death, and I see a snapshot of that when I walk into the room. Other times they're doing very well, surrounded by family members who love them and can't wait until they fully recover. The latter example is (thankfully) the much more common one, but I think there's something to be learned from both.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brayden, thanks for reminding me about your blog. truly enjoyed reading about your experiences, the work you are doing with Dr Nguyn, and your thoughts about it. what an extraordinary opportunity.

    ReplyDelete